Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils, Endeavour House, Ipswich IP1 2BX
Food, Safety and Licensing Support Officer
£20,444 - £23,484 per annum
37 hours per week
Closing date: 1pm, 31 August 2022.
Full time, part time and job share opportunities will be considered.
Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity for 12 months
What we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic Food, Safety and Licensing Support Officer to join our team in Food, Safety and Licensing. You will share our values, commitment, and motivation to make a difference for our residents, clients, and communities.
About the role
* provide support to the Food and Safety and Licensing teams by receiving enquiries by phone and email and entering these into the database for action by officers as well as dealing with straightforward enquiries yourself.
* support the Licensing functions by administering simple applications, taking enquiries and assisting in committee processes and training.
* process sampling results and export certificates for the Food and Safety team, and there will be opportunities to assist with food sampling and assessments for health eating awards.
* process requisitions, invoices and payments for supplies and services.
You will have:
* experience of a regulatory and business support service-providing office environment
is desirable and you should be able to prioritise effectively and switch rapidly between varied administrative tasks
* NVQ 3/A level or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
* good communication skills to exchange orally and in writing information with a range of audiences
* knowledge of M3/ Assure and/ or LalPac would be desirable
* you will need to have a clean driving licence and access to a car to enable occasional travel for work purposes.
Working together across our councils and with our partners in the public, private and voluntary sectors, we provide excellent services to our 190,000 residents across Babergh and Mid Suffolk. We are proud of the role we play in creating the environment, economy, and communities for our districts. We believe that the heart of Suffolk is an incredibly special place to live and work. With picturesque market towns, 60 conservation areas and with two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) within our districts, it is little wonder that we are consistently within the top 50 places to live in the UK.
Benefits of working with us
* Great opportunities for learning and development.
* Suffolk Coaching and Mentoring Partnership
* Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 25 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years' service, plus bank holidays).
* Competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
* Wellbeing Support Program
* Employee Assist Program
* Health Care Options
Visit our Employee Benefits page for further information.
Our ways of working
We are committed to working in a more hybrid way, with a mix of office, home, and remote based working (business needs permitting). This has worked well for us and is something we will be continuing with. We are committed supporting equality and diversity, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils provide opportunity and ambition for all, supporting and enabling our people to deliver the best possible service for our residents.
If you wish to discuss the hybrid working approach for this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Jo Wyatt on 07889 647316 or email: email@example.com
How to apply:
To apply and for further details, please visit:
Closing date: 1pm, 31 August 2022.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply online by visiting our career pages on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils website: www.babergh.gov.uk/council-business/careers
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Council is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.